PLEASE NOTE: MSU CHAPEL CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS
Reserve the MSU Chapel
Call our Wedding Specialist: 517-884-8124
At the MSU Alumni Memorial Chapel, we treat all ceremonies equally with the same care and reverence, and provide a setting appropriate for any faith. Accessories for various types of worship are available onsite. To ensure a smooth, successful event, wedding parties will have access to the chapel only during their specific time block. This schedule should include all delivery and removal of any services, including floral. Also, all video and photographic services must take place within this time block.
Available Service Times:
- Friday: 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. | 2-5 p.m. | 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 1-4 p.m. | 4:30-7:30 p.m.
Note: Contact our wedding specialist to discuss other service times that may be available with prior special arrangements.
The wedding specialist will schedule your rehearsal at the time we book your chapel reservation. Rehearsals are an hour long and are typically held the day prior to your wedding. If you need to adjust the time after we schedule your rehearsal, the wedding specialist must approve it in advance.
- Seating: The chapel comfortably seats 160 people. There are seventeen pews with a center aisle in the nave and six in the choir loft.
- Wheelchair accessible by an exterior ramp. Seating is on the first floor with front pew modifications.
- Ready Room 1: The room has a mirror, make-up table, hooks, and seating, providing a tranquil spot for dressing and relaxing before your wedding. There is also a connecting door to the women’s restroom for your convenience.
- Ready Room 2: A mirror, closet, and comfortable seating provide a quiet place to relax before your ceremony.
- Altar Area: After construction, the altar will have a brand-new state of the art organ, reconfigured space, and other updates to comply with accessibility.
- Accessories Available: one three-tier candelabra, two wrought iron seven-tier candelabras, two brass altar candle holders, a wrought iron kneeling bench and bud vases.
- If you desire to use candles and aisle runners, please contact the chapel sexton to ensure all fire and safety codes are met.
- Parking: Limited meter parking is available adjacent to the chapel. Located directly across from the chapel is a parking lot that is open to the public weekdays after 6 p.m. and on weekends.
Photo courtesy of Allie Siarto Photography.